Do Something Amateur Radio Club

Latah County Auxiliary Communications Team

June 6th, 2019


  • Nick Hewes, AF7ZJ
  • Bill Ward, K9GRZ
  • Katie Ward, KG7JHA
  • Austin Cole, KF7SIW
  • Heather Cole, KG7BUB
  • Bekah Elder, KJ7AVP
  • Dahmen Garner, KI7SIJ
  • Mike Brown, W7ACP
  • Bob Schmokel, KJ7ASW
  • Bart Gableman, N1BAG

  • Present

Treasurer’s Report

  • None given

Old Business

  • 501(c)3. Approved by the IRS. We still owe Mike the final payment for doing the paperwork. Approx. $270 is left. Donations to pay the freight are welcome!
  • DBA for AuxComm is filed. Austin will reimburse himself $26 from the AuxComm account.

Proposed Training opportunities:

  • Trainings at meetings, date TBD:
    • Table Top Exercise on how we get deployed.
    • ICS 100, 200, 700, 800: What’s in it for me? Why do we need to take those courses when we don’t seem to use them?

Upcoming/potential projects and exercises.

  • We need to do some nighttime testing with HF. We also need to find a way to establish a VHF/UHF link to Spokane and other surrounding areas.
  • Event idea: do a non-repeater exercise to determine who can talk to who on what equipment.


  • New battery for the trailer is in. Axles are on order and should be in soon.
  • IC-7610 is in the trailer in the brown pelican style box.
  • Most of the band pass filters should be in for field day. There is a large pelican style box that can be used to store the filters.


  • Nick is in charge and plans to set up a Google Doc as a planning tool.
  • Austin and Heather will make a Cosco run for the food stuff. Extras will need to be purchased locally.
  • AirTable to be set up for registrations and RSVPs.
  • Setup will be at Spring Valley with the AuxComm trailer and at least one shelter.
  • Logging: Austin will set up a class to train on using the logging software. FD Log Enhanced. June 8, TBD for location and time, announced on SLACK.

New Business

Donation options

  • Nick has been working on getting a donation from Walmart. We can request an amount between $250 and $5000. IF we are awarded a grant we’ll have to keep track of receipts for how we spend the money.
  • Anyone who knows of other places who might be willing to donate, please bring it up!

New Club room at Fairgrounds

  • Volunteers to help with setting up the room: Bob, Austin, Bill, Bart.
  • Bill will try to get a key to the room soon and will call a meeting at the room to see what we want to do with it.

UQ Repeater – Dahmen

  • Cans are tuned, all but one cable was found and Dahmen can make the last cable. Once the repeater is operational Dahmen will send out a SLACK note.

Jet Boat Races

  • Bill is waiting for the first race planning meeting before doing much planning.


  • Also waiting for the first planning meeting.