Do Something Amateur Radio Club
Latah County Auxiliary Communications Team
June 6th, 2019
- Nick Hewes, AF7ZJ
- Bill Ward, K9GRZ
- Katie Ward, KG7JHA
- Austin Cole, KF7SIW
- Heather Cole, KG7BUB
- Bekah Elder, KJ7AVP
- Dahmen Garner, KI7SIJ
- Mike Brown, W7ACP
- Bob Schmokel, KJ7ASW
Bart Gableman, N1BAG
- None given
- 501(c)3. Approved by the IRS. We still owe Mike the final payment for doing the paperwork. Approx. $270 is left. Donations to pay the freight are welcome!
- DBA for AuxComm is filed. Austin will reimburse himself $26 from the AuxComm account.
Proposed Training opportunities:
- Trainings at meetings, date TBD:
- Table Top Exercise on how we get deployed.
- ICS 100, 200, 700, 800: What’s in it for me? Why do we need to take those courses when we don’t seem to use them?
Upcoming/potential projects and exercises.
- We need to do some nighttime testing with HF. We also need to find a way to establish a VHF/UHF link to Spokane and other surrounding areas.
- Event idea: do a non-repeater exercise to determine who can talk to who on what equipment.
- New battery for the trailer is in. Axles are on order and should be in soon.
- IC-7610 is in the trailer in the brown pelican style box.
- Most of the band pass filters should be in for field day. There is a large pelican style box that can be used to store the filters.
FIELD DAY PLANNING
- Nick is in charge and plans to set up a Google Doc as a planning tool.
- Austin and Heather will make a Cosco run for the food stuff. Extras will need to be purchased locally.
- AirTable to be set up for registrations and RSVPs.
- Setup will be at Spring Valley with the AuxComm trailer and at least one shelter.
- Logging: Austin will set up a class to train on using the logging software. FD Log Enhanced. June 8, TBD for location and time, announced on SLACK.
- Nick has been working on getting a donation from Walmart. We can request an amount between $250 and $5000. IF we are awarded a grant we’ll have to keep track of receipts for how we spend the money.
- Anyone who knows of other places who might be willing to donate, please bring it up!
New Club room at Fairgrounds
- Volunteers to help with setting up the room: Bob, Austin, Bill, Bart.
- Bill will try to get a key to the room soon and will call a meeting at the room to see what we want to do with it.
UQ Repeater – Dahmen
- Cans are tuned, all but one cable was found and Dahmen can make the last cable. Once the repeater is operational Dahmen will send out a SLACK note.
Jet Boat Races
- Bill is waiting for the first race planning meeting before doing much planning.
- Also waiting for the first planning meeting.